Monday, August 31, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So I know in my last post I said we were homeless, well technically we weren't homeless we were staying with Adriane and Jenny (two girls from Conn studying here) and their apt was right in the middle of the City so that was very convenient. Furthermore, we really aren't homeless in any capacity anymore because we found an apartment!!! Right when things were looking pretty grim for us we found not just an apartment, but a fully furnished cottage in Richmond. Richmond wasn't our first choice of suburbs, but it is ideally located one train stop from the CBD and it's in walking distance to Melbourne Park and all the stadiums, which will be very convenient for me if I get the job with the Australian Open I applied for. Another added bonus is that our landlord let us sign a 6 week lease, so if we find something better we are free to move. The only major downside to our apartment is that there is no heat and it is always ten degrees colder inside than it is outside and considering it's the middle of winter here so that means it's freezing inside. We took a trip to Ikea and spruced it up a bit and we have actually really been enjoying our little cottage. We have been keeping ourselves pretty busy in Melbourne and I will soon update the blog with all of the fun things we have been doing. I just wanted for now to make sure everyone knows we have a home and not to worry.
Cheers,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment